Saturday, June 16, 2012

Orris Root, Odin Perfume Pop-Up Shop, Week in Review



Orris Root. Iris Florentina,  has been on my mind,  a middle note, a heart note, I see a color when i smell it. The palest violet.

This week while wearing Odin Petrana 04, I began to make many connections about Iris fragrances like never before.  Violet and Cassis, Violet Leaf, Pink Pepper, and Vetiver live here too.

I've been looking at photos of Jean Carles and his perfume pyramid. Many times this week I wished I could smell Vero Profumo Mito, wanted to be in Italy. The best whispered words of the week came while at MiN, Tuesday night. Girls write perfume blogs and boys review fragrance on youtube. Looking forward to rediscovering my neighborhood with my favorite Nose, all week long I've been-writing and smelling. Thank you Yves Cuilleron a Chavanay for a very fragrant and delicious wine, Viognier. My post on the Odin pop-up is on Cafleurebon (the link is here), get up and go out and visit it if you can. End of school, beginning of summer, father's day, pull the weeds. dry the bedsheets in sunshine, water the garden, smell the rotting mulberry and abundant mint in the backyard-it makes me smile.

http:/a/www.cafleurebon.com/odin-04-petrana-and-odin-pop-up-pop-in-pop-up-plus-the-rchitect-speaks/



Black Iris, 1926
Georgia O'Keeffe (American, 1887–1986)
Oil on canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment