Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Stop: Creative Chakra Spa, Marina Del Rey

I hate to see summer go, but I finally have time to revisit my summer fragrance adventures.

Before I get to perfume though, I want to mention a quick yet restorative time I had one late afternoon in Marina Del Ray at the cozy Creative Chakra Spa. When I arrived, I was led through a maze of hallways until entering an enormous indoor/outdoor cabana. I think I was on a roof, but I'm not exactly sure. California can be a bit disorienting to this New Yorker, but at least I knew I saw sky. 


Creative Chakra's relaxed vibe screams old-school California. I took my first infrared sauna at the spa, which claims to be extremely healthful, even more than the old regular saunas, mostly because your body is able to manage the heat longer. Owner, and once Londoner, Sandie West, ushered me around and ensured that I had everything I could possibly need. Her generous spirit flows through her spa and her hand-made product line. I am still enjoying her  Lemongrass & Basil Spa Salt Glow, I love how soft it leaves my skin, and in the heat of the shower the lemongrass and basil release a warm anise quality that is just incredible. She also left me with one of her fragrant blended teas of rose, lavender, and mint. I'm not sure if I should drink it or soak in it. 

Next up is to sip some tea and remember my little piece of heaven at Creative Chakra.

Photo Credit: Hugh Holland, 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment