Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Bold Friendship and Gift: Miss Charming, Juliette has a Gun

Choosing a fragrance for a friend can be intimidating, but it can also be an intimate gesture if we take the time to think about the person we love. A gesture that reminds us that we hold someone in high esteem, and that we want only the best for their higher self. Surprisingly, I was the receiver of such a gift. It came to me not because I was celebrating a milestone, but rather because my friend was. We have spent most days together over many years, but this was ending, and she was taking an inspiring leap. With gift in hand my friend anxiously told me there was a gift receipt neatly tucked in the box, just in case. So as I unwrapped my gift, and the Juliette has a Gun box emerged, I was certain that she knew what was right for me even before I did, as friends often do. I would also like to think that my incessant talking about fragrance on the job made her feel confidant in choosing a fragrance as a gift, maybe it's a little of both. Comparing my friend to Balanchine I was reminded how he presented all of his Prima Ballerina's with their signature fragrances, and somehow these fragrances spoke to an essential part of them, or what he saw in them. So I had faith in my friend, and as I sat at my desk feeling very much like an office Prima, Gun's Miss Charming, a straightforward fruity floral surrounded me, on top there is a big hit of Rose that comes across almost green and fresh, the Rose mixes well with tart red berries, and Cassis, which is perfect because it's more green than it is sweet. The dry down is gorgeous and comforting with its green, creamy, and musky ways. One of the few Musk bases that I like. Miss Charming, EDP is a playful fragrance, just perfect to keep me cheerful while I'm missing my friend. Somehow it reminds me of my friend, her smile and our enduring friendship.


Anyone wearing a fragrance that reminds them of someone special?


Still credit: Silkwood, 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment