Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wearing L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier

Wearing Premier Figuier is incredibly comforting, warming, and special. Figuier gives you the opportunity to smell the greeness of the fig leaf and its unripe fruit AND the dried fruit all at the same time. Its impact is green and creamy in a white sappy way, as if I just pulled a dandelion stem in two. Then a powdery sweetness floats around its earthy green quality.  Later, as the dry down approaches a subtle woodiness comes through. While visiting a friend's family in Spain there was an enormous fig tree that we would pass on our way to the beach everyday. One day I rubbed its giant rough leaf between my thumb and forefinger;  its fragrance is unforgettable. Another time, while visiting Italy, I walked out onto my Cousin Ida's terrace and was struck by her beautiful arrangment of fresh figs being dried by the sun.  Once released, Figuier is a scented snapshot taken at a certain time in my life. Surrounded by Figuier I am home.

2 comments:

  1. Upon reading the beginning of this blog, I went to my dresser where I have placed my small collection of perfumes on top and took my precious bottle of Premier Figuier and sprayed some on my wrist. I then went back to reading the rest of this portrait of certain times in your life. I read and remembered Patricia in Paris taking me to L'Artisan to get my own bottle. Various friends keep me supplied as they return from Paris over the years. I used to wear it all the time; now I am more grounded by Vetiver oil. And right now, the Figuier is wonderful to have on me as a thunderstorm is about to open the skies. Thanks Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.J. It's wonderful to read about your memories of Premier Figuier, especially how it inspired you in the moment. Thanks for visiting, come back soon. Valerie

    ReplyDelete