Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yesterday - CUIR DE RUSSIE

If a "perfect" New York City day still exists, yesterday came very close. My friend suggested that we take an olfactory lunch together. So yesterday morning, I rolled out of bed, showered, and put on my silk dress and leopard print shoes, and started the day. When lunch rolled around instead of a  yogurt with granola, I headed to Saks, 5th Avenue. We met at 12:30 to take in a good 1/2 hour to 40 minutes of perfume. Together, my friend and I road a rogue wave past Maison Martin Margiela, Hermes, and even stopped at a table with two experts to take a quiz that determines your specific fragrance preferences. They were spot on. We spoke to so many lovely people throughout the main floor until somehow we landed on a peaceful shore in front of Les Exclusifs De Chanel. We were interested in three perfumes, Beige, Gardenia, and Cuir de Russie.  We spoke to a very knowledgeable Beauté Analyste for Chanel who gave us his insights on the history of the line, and discussed the notes with great precision. In the end, it was Cuir de Russie that made its markIt is incredibly complex and special with it's warm leathery notes and completely decadent. I wore it back to the office. 

After work I met my favorite brother and sister team and we circled Plaza Beauty downstairs at the Plaza Hotel, had a glass of Prosecco at Todd English's place and took more than a long moment to take in the sculpture of Ai Weiwei in front of the Plaza. I was so happy to be standing in front of the dragon head with my dear friend while her amazing brother captured the moment with his camera. 

Photo:  Sophia Loren


http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/arts/design/ai-weiwei-sculpture-near-plaza-hotel-review.html






2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, New York, with Soliflore in leopard slippers....perfect indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's incredible that things can align and still happen in that almost perfect way. Be well. V

    ReplyDelete