Monday, May 2, 2011

Snapshot: Arpège and Mom

My father was not the kind of father that traveled for work, but for some reason when I was 6 or 7 he traveled to Spain for several weeks. When he returned, my mom received a pearl necklace and Arpège. These gifts along with a box of six scented soaps sat perfectly tucked away in my Mom's top lingerie drawer. Many times, I would sneak in their bedroom and open the box of individually wrapped soaps, their powdery tenacity almost coming through the box. A perfectly gilded figure of a woman wearing a full gown that resembled a caftan crowned each individually wrapped bar. I was mesmerized with this figure. It was only recently that I realized the figure is a woman with a child. At some point, the Arpège bottle moved from my mom's drawer to sit perfectly on top of her dresser.

Paul Iribe created Lanvin's image that symbolizes bond 
between mother and daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Pooh, this is so beautiful! I want to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again and again, you are so kind. Let's see where this takes me.

    ReplyDelete